LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT ENTRY LEVEL
New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
NYC Department of Parks & Recreation is actively recruiting for Landscape Architect Entry Level positions. This is a paid, full time, entry level position. Please see below for description and notice:
CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE: Job ID No. 431072
Office Title: Landscape Architect Intern (Full-Time Paid Position)
Civil Service Title: Landscape Architect Intern Title Code No: 21306
Number of Positions: 2
Work Location: Olmsted Center, Queens
As stewards of 14% of New York City’s land, NYC Parks builds and maintains clean, safe and accessible parks citywide and programs those sites with recreational, cultural and educational activities for people of all ages. Through this work, NYC Parks improves people’s lives, providing outlets for creative expression, opportunities for healthy recreation and exposure to the restorative beauty of the natural world.
The Capital Projects division, which is charged with the design and construction of parks and park facilities across the five boroughs, is looking for Landscape Architect Interns (these are full-time paid positions) to join our team.
NYC Parks is one of the country’s largest employers of landscape architects. You will enjoy the camaraderie found at Parks while working for the public good. NYC Parks offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including pension, excellent health benefits, competitive vacation/sick days and a healthy work-life balance.
- Under direct supervision, perform entry-level landscape architectural work in the field and office.
- Assist in the preparation of suitable graphics and presentations to communicate design intent. Attend presentations of projects to other internal and external stakeholders.
- Using AutoCAD and other software, assist in the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, estimates of cost and quantities.
- Assist in the design development of existing conditions analysis, landscape plans and proposed additions.
- Attend project design review with construction and maintenance personnel as well as occasional site inspections for quality assurance.
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college or university.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and self-motivation.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch up, as demonstrated in a portfolio or link on resume.*
- Adept at creating presentations with InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A driver license valid in New York State.
*All candidates should include a link to their digital portfolio on their cover letter or resume.
This is a full-time year-round paid position.
How to Apply
1) From a Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) from the Parks Intranet under Applications or use this link: https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 431072. Do not access ESS using nyc.gov/ess from a Parks computer.
Parks & City Employees:
2) From a Non-Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to nyc.gov/ess or use this link: https://a127-ess.nyc.gov/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 431072.
All other applicants:
Click here to apply: Landscape Architect Intern OR
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 431072.
Job Notice: EL3283 Landscape Architect Entry Level – 1-2020