Landscape Architecture Intern Opening
Bowman has an opportunity for a Landscape Architecture Intern to join our team in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
An introduction to the field of planning and landscape architecture through direct work experience. In this position you will be immersed in a variety of fast-paced landscape architecture, planning and site/civil engineering projects including: residential, commercial land development, public space and multi-family residential amenity space design. In this position you will be immersed in a variety of fast-paced landscape architecture, planning and site/civil engineering projects including: residential, commercial land development, public space and multi-family residential amenity space design.
Please use the link below to view our Landscape Architecture Work Samples to gain some prospective into the work that we are doing here at Bowman.
Do the Work
- Aid in the design and preparation of plans, renderings, and construction documents.
- Assist in the execution of landscape architectural design processes including planting and irrigation design.
- Prepare site analyses and layout studies, construction grading, and site details.
- Provide support to staff members as needed.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn.
- Self-starter with the tenacity to seek out resources to further knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a project team.
- Highly motivated and problem-solving attitude.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Be results oriented, with a strong work ethic and commitment to perfection.
- Promote the reputation of the company through the technical quality of the work.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college program pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, Rhino, or similar rendering software.
- Proficient in AutoCAD; LandFX preferred.
- Strong freehand illustration + rendering skills preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Indoor and outdoor work which may involve typical work-related conditions, such as high temperatures and moderate to excessive noise
- Operating Computer, architectural & engineering scales
- Exposure to typical work-related Hazards
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs.
- Squat or kneel, bend
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
If interested, please contact Jennifer Canoles at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.