Bowman has an opportunity for a Landscape Architect III to join our team in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
At Bowman, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Assist in the execution of technical activities required on assigned projects and understands the landscape architecture technical policies and procedures.
In this position you will be immersed in a variety of fast-paced landscape architecture, planning and site/civil engineering projects including: residential, commercial land development, public space and multi-family residential amenity space design.
Please use the link below to view our Landscape Architecture Work Samples to gain some prospective into the work that we are doing here at Bowman.
Leadership and Direction
- Provide mentorship through counsel, guidance, and knowledge to junior staff.
Do the Work
- Assist or lead in the execution of landscape architectural design on assigned projects within a multidisciplinary collaborative setting.
- Provide leadership in project design, production, and management.
- Design strategies to address client budgets and needs.
- Direct the execution of landscape architectural design processes on assigned projects.
- Carry out technical and administrative assignments, tabulations, cost estimates, etc.
- Consult with clients, engineers, and architects on specifications and needs of overall project.
- Assist in performing on site landscape inspections during construction and coordinate design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Conduct code research, write specifications, and coordinate permitting.
- Review proposed design change orders and make recommendations as needed.
- Utilize and assist less experienced staff in understanding technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external clients.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development
- Able to contribute and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ professional experience in related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Landscape Architect Registration preferred or able to complete within six (6) months.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to actively participate in the design and analysis required on substantial projects.
- Advanced Design and CADD Drafting skills.
- Knowledge of graphic programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, etc.
- Able to provide professional work portfolio upon request Ability to actively participate in design and analysis required on substantial projects.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Indoor and outdoor work
- Extreme Temperatures
- Excessive Noise
- Operating Computer
- Exposure to Hazards
- Lift/Carry 21-50 lbs.
- Squat or kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
If interested, please contact Jennifer Canoles at email@example.com for more information.